Evolv DNA60 - Small Screen & Charging Board
Evolv are releasing limited numbers of a brand new DNA 60 board and here’s where you can find out more…but we are also covering this new product in our blog.
Fundamentally, the new DNA 60 board is similar in size to the old DNA 40 chip board, but this has the added advantages of both power and functionality (with its Escribe software compatibility). The chip will be powered by a single 18650 Lithium-ion battery but will include the benefit of being able to be recharged through a micro-USB port.
The DNA 60
So what is different about this board?
The buttons have changed also. The fire button is similar to those found on the DNA 75 and DNA 200 boards, while the adjustment buttons are claimed to be taller and more ‘clicky’ but retain a waterproof function.
The DNA 60 board is designed for use in vaping equipment and uses a DC-DC converter to provide a range of power output. It will feature:
· The ability to control the watts – they hold a patent on variable wattage for vaping mods
· Offer temperature control in order to tailor the vapour to personal preference
· A preheat function to deliver a superior experience to conventional electronic cigarette devices
· An OLED screen similar to the one found on the DNA 200
· Protection from damage caused by reverse polarity, resulting from incorrect li-ion cell insertion
The DNA 60 builds on the development of previous boards so that e-liquids provide a consistent and safer experience. It can be used in new e-cig mods designed for both mouth to lung and direct lung inhale aficionados. It will help those using vaping devices for smoking cessation as well as those who enjoy a quality vape from their juice.
Temperature sensing improves the efficacy of the device as well. The resistance of the coil is monitored to safeguard the user, with error messages given if the ohms are too low or too high. The board will also shut down if its internal temperature becomes too hot. Needless to say, short circuit protection is also provided.
DNA 60 Specifications
DNA 60 Dimensions
DNA 60 Pinout
Wire Size Recommendation