LIMITED DISCOUNT CODE - ENTER DRAMA15 AT CHECKOUT FOR A 15% DISCOUNT ON YOUR ORDER
When it comes to vaping chipsets, the different makes divide vapers’ opinion like Blur and Oasis did for music fans during the Britpop era. What can be agreed upon is that Evolv has driven the market forward by constantly looking to incorporate features that have benefitted users. The company has announced that they are releasing limited numbers of a brand new DNA 60 board and here’s where you can find out more.
As many will already be aware, the implementation of rules in the USA have given companies a push to get new products onto the market before August 8th. The date is a deadline set as part of the Deeming Rule by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Evolv have been working to produce products that are mindful of the work by Doctor Konstantinos Farsalinos, where he researched the production of compounds from e-liquid at elevated temperatures. This saw them driving innovation through technology focussed on harm reduction with e-cig use by temperature control.
While most seasoned vapers vape their ejuice without a second though for dry burning wicks, some saw a future in a board that could monitor its own and the coils temperature. Vapour could be customised with the earlier boards from Evolv through changing the power to the coil; wattage regulation was an evolution of the customisation that embodied the early vaping scene. The Kick and the DNA 20 were popular, spawning the DNA 30 that sat in many high-end mods of the time. Trouble kicked in when the company launched its DNA 40 as many saw the direct competition from cheaper Chinese rivals as having the potential to kill its prospects.
Concerns about the future for Evolv were kicked into touch when the firm released the ground-breaking DNA200. Despite bringing with it a collection of teething issues, the new product offered up the potential for mod makers to think outside the electronic cigarette box. While anti-ecig public health mouths-for-hire continued to portray vaping as a gateway to smoking for children, and questioned the efficacy of ecigs in general as a means to smoking cessation, the DNA 200 increased safety through the raft of customisable aspects incorporated in the Escribe software.
Quitting cigarettes and enjoying a vape took another leap forward as the benefits from the DNA 200 were bestowed on the DNA 75. For many, this represented real-world vaping and meant devices could use Lithium polymer packs, thereby reducing bulk.
And so to the new DNA 60.
Here is a new board that combines the reduced dimensions of the DNA 40, and the convenience of utilising 18650 Lithium-ion cells, but retaining the fantastic features of Escribe and the customisable advances (not forgetting the safety features) of the DNA 200 and DNA 75. Or, as someone on the Evolv DNA forum said: “Awesome. The long awaited small format Escribe compatible DNA board becomes a reality! Yeah!” Its size means it’s backwards compatible with products like the Hana V4D, and able to use the same charger to boot, as well as being excellent news for new mod designers.
The DNA 60 will offer a range of benefits:
· Temperature protection - coil temperature is monitored via fluctuations in resistance and the power supplied adjusted accordingly. This means that “vapor production”, as the Americans like to say, can be maintained without dangerously high temperatures being reached and risking dry hits.
· Preheating – coils take a finite time to reach the temperature at which ejuice begins to vaporise. With preheating, the chip supplies additional power to the coil to reduce the lag before it achieves its working temperature.
· New coil identification – the circuit board will identify a change in atomiser and adjust output to suit.
· OLED screen – smaller in size compared to the DNA 200/75 in order to reduce the dimensions of the mod or fit into devices currently using the DNA 40.
· Multiple display information - regarding the wattage, voltage, temperature and ohms can be conveyed to the user.
· Other display information - battery charge, room temperature, coil material name, total energy of the most recent puff, puff duration, board temperature and puff count.
· Modes – stealth mode (our favourite for some reason) to prolong battery life, power lock mode to prevent accidental changes, resistance lock in case of reading creep and the ability to store eight vaping profiles to quickly obtain a desired vapour.
Safety monitoring is reported back to the user to highlighted any issues with atomiser problems, a short circuit, a weak battery, a problem battery, if the resistance is too low or too high, if temperature control has been triggered and if the chip has got too hot.
Manufacturers have the option to include an on-board 1 amp micro-USB charger as an alternative to removing the li-ion cell for recharging. Charging through the mod will be safe as the current output from the computer or socket will be detected and the device will only draw 1A. Likewise, polarity protection is included to protect the user, device and board from a wrongly inserted battery.
You can read about all of the features in full detail in the Evolv DNA 60 pdf.
If you’re interested in purchasing a board we would encourage you to sign up for notifications on the product page. This will guarantee that you will receive an email as soon as stock comes in – these are going to be popular and will sell out quickly.